Fri, Feb 05|
KIRTAN COLLEGE ONLINE
Kirtan, Mantra & Bhakti Yoga Immersion with David Newman
Time & Location
Feb 05, 2021, 7:30 PM EST – Feb 07, 2021, 4:30 PM EST
About The Event
Open your heart with song and devotion at this special Kirtan College online weekend immersion. Deepen your understanding and experience of the healing Sanskrit mantra practice known as Kirtan, and the ancient, yet timely tradition of Bhakti Yoga- the Yoga of Love.
The weekend includes:
• Group chanting
• Sanskrit mantra pronunciation and translation
• Methodology for practicing Kirtan
• Musical support
• Teachings and practices of the Bhakti Yoga tradition
• Storytelling of India’s ancient myths
Kirtan College is a wonderful opportunity to rekindle the joyful feeling of chanting in community, and to delve deep into Kirtan and Bhakti practice. At this weekend online immersion, David will guide you lovingly to embrace and engage the healing, and personal benefits of mantra practice, in ways that will last far beyond the weekend. Kirtan College is a program that will empower you with tools to open to greater joy, express your creativity more freely, and support you in facing the challenges of life with equanimity and resolve. The richness of the educational component of Kirtan College is matched by a playful approach that is designed for optimal bliss. Chant and Be Happy!
• The program is open to everyone, and NO prior musical experience is required.
Schedule: February 5-7, 2021
Friday: 7:30 to 9 PM EST
Saturday: 11:30 am to 1:30 pm EST
Saturday: 3 to 4:30 PM EST
Sunday: 11:30 am to 1:30 pm EST
Sunday: 3 to 4:30 PM EST
What People Say:
• I had never experienced kirtan and was overwhelmed with the depth of feeling evoked. David created a beautifully safe and loving space, inclusive of everyone. David is a wonderful storyteller, able to convey knowledge, the Indian myths and how they related to the essence of the human experience. -Trudy H.
• David leads Kirtan College with love and integrity, engaging students to be real and ready to express through chant, communication, and love in our own timing. -Alice S.
• If you are looking for a heart-opening experience, this is it. -Angel Metro
• Kirtan College is a life-changing program that connects you completely to your heart. David Newman is a beacon of light inspiring love in all. I am so grateful to have taken at Kirtan College. -Dana Kaplan
David Newman is a widely recognized educator and chant artist who travels the world sharing kirtan chanting, mantra practice, sacred music, and the teachings of Bhakti Yoga. He has released 12 albums, is the founder of Practical Mantra, and the author of the #1 Amazon Bestseller, The Timebound Traveler.
Kirtan College Online
February 5-7, 2021$199.00